This week we worked on letter B. Our sheet for our alphabet books had stamping with a butterfly stamp that I found on one of my (3!) recent trips to the newly opened Target in the dollar section. We also added a few foam stick-on butterflies to the page.
In the first post in our letter of the week series, I told you that I was going to include each page in a sheet protector in the binders for each child. I really wanted to do this so they could have free access to look at their books anytime and I wouldn't have to worry about some of the pieces coming off that we are using for the letters. (for example: we are using corn on the letter c)
That bright idea didn't last long. Construction paper does not fit in sheet protectors! I was so bummed because we had our A and B already finished. Oh, well.
On the cover of each binder I let each child pick out two stickers that they wanted to place by their name. This will also help the non-readers be able to tell whose book is whose.
We put a letter sticker on the spine of each binder to represent the first letter in that child's name. Another way for them to identify whose book is whose.