Welcome to the My Life. In Pictures. Photo Challenge project. I participated in a photo challenge at Through Jenny's Lens and had such a great time, I decided to start one myself.
The purpose of this photo challenge project is to encourage you to pick up your camera and start capturing details of your life. This project should also serve as a way to look at what others are finding to shoot and will hopefully keep you inspired to look for more moments in your life you wouldn't always think to capture with your camera.
Our first My Life. In Pictures. challenge will start on March 30th and run through April 3rd.
The assignment will be:
Monday- Something new
Tuesday- Something on your table
Wednesday- The view from your front door
Thursday- Something you do each day
Friday- Something old
In case you need a little help getting motivated, here are a few ideas to get you started. Remember you can be as simple or creative as you would like.
Something new- this could be a photo of a new life- a baby, a puppy, a nest with baby robbins, a new bike, a new pair of shoes that you love, or the hint of green popping up from the ground in Spring.
Something on your table- dinner, a center piece, a pile of bills, a sewing project- show us what you got!
View from front door- This is my favorite of all the assignments. I can't wait to see the postings for this. I don't have a pretty view, but I do spend a lot of time looking out the door (window, actually) in the front of our house. We have so much traffic that goes by and people walking by that I have always wondered what other people look at. Your post can be the view of the apartment door across the hall, or a breathtaking view of an acreage. Remember the purpose of this challenge is to share details of your life!
Something you do each day- pick up toys, do the dishes, read a book,take the kids to school, wait in traffic, go for a jog, talk on the phone, write in a journal... the possibilities are endless.
Something old- we need a good counter to the something new. Is it a relative of yours with beautiful wrinkles (oh, I wish my great grandma was still here, she has the most beautiful wrinkles) or a favorite piece of antique furniture. Hey, it could even be some year old hard boiled eggs you found in with your Easter decorations? That never happened to you? Nevermind then.
The point is... be creative! You can interpret these "assignments" any way that works with you! I want you to have fun and enjoy looking at Your Life. In Pictures.
Here are a few details, but please feel free to email me with any more questions you might have!
* How does the challenge work? I will post the challenge "assignments" for the week and you pick up your camera to capture a photo that meets the assignment. Post the picture on your blog (or Flikr) . You are welcome to write a story with your photo or just include the photo if you would like. There will be a Mr. Linky for you to to fill out with your name and the URL from that assignment's post. (Mr. Linky is a link hosting program for websites. It allows blogs to host all of the links to participants in the challenge. Your job is to sign the Mr. Linky each day you participate so we can all view your post and photo. )
* Who can participate? Everyone! You can be a beginner or a professional. It will be interesting to see all the different styles of photography.
* Do I have to have a blog to participate? No. You can use your Flickr account and post a link to a picture from your account. Remember- you can get a Flickr account for free!
* Do I have to participate every day of the week? No. You can participate all 5 days or just one. It is up to you.
* Does my photo have to be edited? No, but you are welcome to edit it if you like. If you are interested in some free editing sites, check out Picasa or Picnik. They are lots of fun to play around with your photos, and did I mention FREE?
* Can I link to your blog? Yes, yes, and yes. If you are participating in My Life. In Pictures. please help us spread the word. The more people who know about this and participate, the more photos we will have to inspire us and the more fun it will be for all of us! You can place the button in your side bar or post it in your blog. Share the love!
* What next? You are encouraged to use the Mr. Linky and visit the blogs of all the participants and see Their Life- In Pictures!